Asking for support
Talking about your child’s limb difference with someone who has lived experience can be very comforting and is an important way of sharing your concerns. You can get support from peers by:
- speaking to a Limbs 4 Life team member who can organise peer support for you.
- joining our closed and moderated Limbs 4 Kids Facebook Group to chat with other parents and carers.
Professional services and support
If you find that you (or other members of your family) are not coping and could benefit from professional support, there are many services that can assist you. You may want to speak to your paediatrician, GP, social worker, maternal health nurse or psychologist. You may also want to speak with an external counselling and support service such as:
- Beyond Blue – 1300 22 46 36
- Lifeline – 13 11 14
- Men’s Line Crisis Support – 1300 78 99 78
- PANDA (Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Australia) – 1300 72 63 06